This small emergency kit can be used in the event of a variety of emergency situations. We like it for wildfires because it includes a mask that will keep out harmful debris in the air. Ash is one of the most difficult parts of evacuating during a fire. Add a pair of goggles and you’ll be able to handle heavy smoke with minimal discomfort.
Guardian Survival Multi-Pocket Hiker’s Elite Emergency Kit, 2 Person, Red Backpack
Amazon Product Description
- Protect Yourself and Your Family- This multi-purpose 72-hour survival kit is designed to prepare you and your family for any emergency event, whether that be a HURRICANE, EARTHQUAKE, FLOOD, CIVIL UNREST, PANDEMIC, or EVACUATION. You never know when disaster may strike, prepare today and have the peace of mind in knowing you’ve done all you can to protect the ones you love.
- FEMA Compliant- from hygiene to tools this bug-out bag was created to meet the Federal Emergency Management Agency guidelines for Emergency Survival and 72-Hour Kits. You’d be surprised at how many of the components FEMA and other disaster relief agencies recommend are missing from other survival kits on the market, but we wanted the Urban Survival Kit to be one you and your family could feel confident in.
- Discrete Black Backpack- All supplies are conveniently packed in a discrete, nondescript, heavy-duty backpack that won’t draw unwanted attention to you and your valuable emergency supplies during a disaster. We pack our kits to be as light-weight and compact as possible, so it won’t weigh you down and you’ll still have enough space remaining to include personal items such as medication, clothing, and important documents.
- Food and Water: During an emergency water is vital and access may be very limited, skip the trouble of boiling water or wasting any of your precious supply to reconstitute freeze dried meals. The USA MADE SOS BRAND FOOD RATIONS AND WATER included in this kit are US Coast Guard approved for a 5-YEAR SHELF LIFE, space-efficient, supply 1200 calories per person per day, require no extra water to rehydrate or reheating, and were developed with a low sodium content as to not induce unnecessary thirst
- Emergency Guidebook- not only does this kit have the tools and supplies you need to survive a disaster, but also included is our Emergency Preparedness Guidebook that will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to as well. In it you will find crucial survival information from how to create an emergency plan, to administering life-saving first aid, to what to do during an earthquake, hurricane, nuclear disaster, pandemic, and more.
What do you do when you get your small emergency kit?
After you get your emergency kit, add to it. You’ll also need:
- Googles to keep ash out of your eyes.
- Tools to help you navigate in the event that GPS and cellular networks go down.
- 2-way radios in case the cellular networks go down.
- Your passport, birth certificate, and social security card.
- Clothing for at least 3 days.
- Medications and medical information.
- In Case of Emergency (ICE) contact card.